Outlook application from Microsoft is the most popular email application. Whether you are working professional or self-employed individual you might be using Microsoft Outlook for your work-related communication. Outlook saves its mailbox data in two file formats which are OST and PST. This application is equipped with advanced features. One of the main features is that it allows the user to work in offline mode. The changes made by the user in offline mode are later updated to the Exchange server. But sometimes users have to encounter Outlook error Code 0x80072f06.
So in this article, I am going to tell you the various reasons behind this error. Also to resolve this error we will discuss the manual as a well automated solution. Before proceeding to the solution part let us know why the user has to face this problem.
Know the Reasons for Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
Basically, the user has to face this error when Outlook doesn’t get synchronized with the Exchange server. The unknown error often occurs when the user tries to update the Offline address book (.oab) from the exchange server. There are several other reasons are there why the user has to face this error.
- In case of Improperly updating the .oab file.
- Improper installation of the Outlook application.
- In the case when Windows System file damaged.
- Issues with Exchange security certificates will also be the reason for this error.
Manual Solution to Fix Unknown Error 0x80072f06 Outlook
“Technique 1”: Please follow the steps below to restore the system. Sometimes it will help you to resolve this issue.
- First, start your system and log in as Administrator.
- Then Go to control panel and choose “System” in all control panel items.
- After the user has to choose “System protection” from the left side on the panel.
- A new wizard will appear on the screen, choose “System restore” in “System protection tab”.
Note: Follow the above instruction will help you to restore the system. This process will take a few minutes to restore the system. The user has to check if the issue resolved or not.
“Technique 2”: By Deleting the Existing OAB File
Basically, the user has to face this error due to improper synchronization between the exchange server. So by deleting the OAB file and let the new OAB downloaded from the Exchange server. After the synchronization process. The user will not face this error.
Expert Solution to Solve Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
If you have tried the above solution and won’t be able to resolve this issue then I suggest you to use Exchange OST recovery application. This application efficiently works on OST files, allows the user to resolve any corruption issues of OST files.
Here are the most important features of this utility:
- Allows the user to save the OST file as PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML.
- Option to recover deleted email from OST file.
- Decrypt OST file emails by removing S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption.
- The user can recover any size OST file.
- The tool is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook.
Many times the user has to face this Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06. In this article, we have given the reasons behind this error. And also to resolve this issue we have given the manual as well as an automated solution to resolve this issue. The manual procedure has lots of limitations like it is very difficult to perform for nontechnical and novice users, Also sometimes this solution doesn’t work. So it is better to opt for a safe and reliable way to tackle this problem.