A study found out that Micromax was only second to Samsung in producing steady quality smartphones. However, the year 2016 was a comparatively dull period for the company. The lull led to the company’s name being ousted from the top 5 smartphone producing giants – and these slot were then occupied by Chinese brands like Vivo, Xiaomi and others. However, the year 2017 saw the company’s attempt to gain back its market share in the industry.
The launch of Micromax Dual 5 promises some exciting performance features which is expected to earn Micromax a 10% share in the premium category. Priced at Rs. 24999, Dual 5 has some enhancements in its software as well as a powerful camera.
Minimal Branding, Maximum Performance
- Dual 5 aims to move forward the company from middle segment to premium range by producing the most expensive phone ever launched by them. Hence, it launches first ever smartphone with dual camera setup to keep up with the trend.
- The phone has three 13 MP cameras – the rear ones are two while one is reserved for front clicks.
- The build and design of the phone offers a strong and steady look in addition to provide a premium look to it. The edges and curves are very smooth which makes it convenient to hold for a longer time. Along with providing a firmer grip, it also contains 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass to protect it from damages.
- The navigation keys are not backlit and are placed at the bottom bezel with an LED indicator at the bottom too. The earpiece, front camera of 13 MP along with the proximity sensors are placed at the top bezel.
- Talking about the dual camera setup, the back panel is reserved for dual 13 Megapixels cameras. The panel is non-removable and the LED flash for the dual cameras is placed in between the both. The vertically arranged lenses don’t protrude out, providing them the safety when kept on surface.
- The Type-C port is also placed at the bottom bezel along with the speakers. The right side is reserved for the volume keys while left side is for placing the SIM cards in dual tray.
- With a 5.5 inches of display screen it has a AMOLED display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels offering Full HD experience. The pixel density of 401 PPI makes the phone produce vibrancy and vividness in the colours with being properly accurate. The display works good under sunlight and produces no blemishes while viewing from any angle.
- There is a setting of “Screen Effects” from where you can adjust and select a display depending upon your choice. You can choose from Eye Protection mode, Black & White along with adjusting the saturation and contrast levels.
- The Octa-Core processor with Snapdragon Qualcomm 652, the smartphone is clocked at 1.7 GHz. Dual 5 has a RAM of 4 GB along with the internal storage of 128 GB which can be expanded up to a further 128 GB with Micro SD cards.
- The battery backup of the phone is 3200 Mah with an option of Quick Charge 3.0. Major connectivity options include all the essentials like Wi-Fi, 4G, Bluetooth 4.2.
- The phone runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0 which is coupled with Micromax’s own User Interface software. The UI is integrated with various options of pre-installed themes to choose from, along with different fonts and styles.
- The newest feature is the intelligent assistant which automatically switches On and Off while setting alarms. Apart from that, there are smart gestures for waking up the phone with double tap and launching the camera with swiping down.
Shop for Micromax Dual 5 from Bajaj Finserv Partner Stores
Now you have the option to avail best of the phone features without worrying about money hassles. With an EMI Network, you can approach any of the partner stores and walk away with your purchases on EMI. The EMI Network Card can be used at any of the 60000 stores present across 1300 cities. On top of that, you get attractive and exciting discounts on MRPs. The best part is that there are no extra charges on these EMIs because they are No Cost EMIs.
When you shop with EMI card, there are no additional charges on the instalments. You can choose a tenor which suits your preferences between the range of three and twenty-four months. If you want to apply EMI card, you can just walk down to a nearest store and submit your KYC along with a cancelled cheque to avail it. Moreover, if you are an existing customer of Bajaj Finserv, you can just login to the customer portal Experia and apply online for such a card.
You can get loans up to Rs.4 Lakhs which can be availed at any partner store. Pre-approved loan offers provide you the facility of a simplified approval process along with saving your time. All you have to do is add your basic details such as your name and mobile number.